Thursday, July 27, 2006

A star is born

Posted by kuri, ping, the pinglet, & mini-ping on 7/27/2006
While my computer was teasing me into thinking that it was in its final death throes, I ended up losing my last post. But fear not my liebchen(s), the cruel tricks that my computer is playing on me by freezing up as I try to go from site to site just reminded me of something that E7 told me that I just had to share during today's "Show & Tell" time.

I was on TV.

T!V! With a capital T...and, um, well, V, just like it's spelled.

OK, OK, it was local TV but still press is press, isn't it? Good press, bad press, it's all the same.

Right. So yesterday, I went to a concert and because I was one of about only 5 non-Japanese people in the audience, I got my face plastered all over the news. According to E7, I looked good, as I would hope he would say regardless of what I actually looked like. Apparently, I wasn't doing anything awful like picking my nose or pulling my underwear out of my butt so I guess it can't be all that bad.

God, I hope that wasn't my 15 minutes of fame.

E7 just danced by me--apparently inspired by yesterday's performance--and asked me if I think he has enough talent to go into show-biz. He's now sitting quietly on the couch because he didn't appreciate my snort of laughter as a response.

Well, as long as he doesn't think he can usurp my position as the star of our apartment, he can dance anywhere he'd like.

So, what's your "Show & Tell" item for today?

4 of you feeling verklempt. Tawlk amongst yourselves:

liina said...

Hmmm... I managed to host/survive a lunch for 3 adults and 5 kids today. Anyone who knows me should be extremely impressed :)

Anonymous said...

I'm wearing bandages on my knees after I fell yesterday. I look like I'm 10! Richie had the decency not to laugh at my graceful (ahem) flop, LOL.

Mande's J-Life said...

I was on TV earlier this year as well. I was attending a sayonara party for our sister school visitors, and they got me on camera chatting with some of my students and stuffing my face with fried chicken. I never saw it, but I heard about it. Then, they came and made me pose for photo with some of my students, and they put it on the school poster which advertises our school to prospective kids for next year. Then, they put another photo in a brochure of me actually doing my job. I am most proud of this one because it was not posed, and I am not stuffing my face. I am lecturing and some students are actually...get this...raising their hands during the class!!!!!!

risingsunofnihon said...

Isn't it funny the way the Asian media latch on to a Caucasian face? It is like they can find a needle in a haystack at any public gathering. Congrats on being on tv, did you get to see it yourself?

 

International Marriage?!? Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review