Wednesday, July 19, 2006

The Leaning Tower of Babble

Posted by kuri, ping, the pinglet, & mini-ping on 7/19/2006
Yeah, I know...Leaning Tower of Pisa...blah, blah. You'll have to forgive me after the draining day I've had.

NOT!

Work was F*A*N*T*A*S*T*I*C* today! Can you imagine me saying "work" and "fantastic" in the same sentence? On the same page? In the same decade? That's what I thought until today. No phone calls, no emails, no one! Hm, I wonder if the server and switchboard was broken? E7 said that the main office may have forgotten that our office exists. Cool.

On to today's post which is about: language. A polyglot myself (well, in my dreams anyway), I love languages. You would think that my husband would love to speak various different languages as well. But alas...alack...a...um...yeah, he doesn't get into the whole "communicating with foreign cultures" thing like me.

So, it was with great excitement this evening as we were watching the newest dorama (drama), "Call the cabin attendant!" (obviously a very loose translation...obviously), that E7 decided to entertain me with his language prowess. By pretending to be a simultaneous interpreter for the different commercials that were on in foreign languages.

I was bedazzled, bewidlered and bewitched. How was my lovely hubbie, who is a civil servant...not an interpreter, lest we forget...able to do this?

Ahh, yes...as I turned around to face the TV, I happened to see the subtitles running across the bottom of the screen.

You know, I did think it was a little strange that he could tell me what was going on in Chinese, English AND French.

3 of you feeling verklempt. Tawlk amongst yourselves:

Anonymous said...

For a moment I thought E7 might be a real-life Renaissance man!

Love Aunt Patty

Granny said...

That's cheating but I can imagine myself doing it as well.

Dr. Know said...

both of your polyglot skills are pretty impressive.

 

International Marriage?!? Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review