Wednesday, July 5, 2006

Kuri, or the "Crazy Trash Lady"

Posted by kuri, ping, the pinglet, & mini-ping on 7/05/2006

Earlier this evening when I was eating my (not so) nutritious dinner from the convenience store, I found myself sorting through the wrappings as I opened up the packaging. "This goes to be recycled. This doesn't. Recycling. Not. Recycling. Not." Weird, I know, but the real problem was that E7 didn't bat an eye while I was doing this.

I had an awful vision of he and I when we're older...deranged, both of us talking to ourselves as we sort through recyclables. Oof.

In between sorting through my trash, dodging missiles from North Korea, and watching my predictions come true in the World Cup, my hair has slowly but surely started to grow. My plight was put into perspective by montchan, with her post on euro-mullets (say that fast 10 times). You have to read it to believe it.

Now that it's July, I've started thinking about my goals before the next AFWJ convention. MandeJ has very eloquently put down her goals for the next few months so I thought I would follow suit:

  1. Lose (blankety-blank # of) kilos
  2. Eat at least 3 types of vegetables a day (in any form)
  3. Get to the gym at least 2x a week
  4. On the days I don't go to the gym, do at least 30 minutes of Pilates
  5. Get to sleep by midnight (except on the weekends, when the World Cup is on, when I'm at a party, when there's a full moon...blah, blah, blah)
  6. Look for (and GET!) a full-time job that I want and not one that I take only because there's nothing else available

Hopefully this will keep the neighborhood kids from running away from me--the "Crazy Trash Lady"--when I'm 100. Although if I'm in still in Japan at that age(!), it would be more like atama ga okashii gomi no baba or something to that effect. But that's OK. I don't think I'll be able to speak Japanese or English by the time I get to be that age, so I won't have a clue what the little brats saying.

0 of you feeling verklempt. Tawlk amongst yourselves:

 

International Marriage?!? Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review