Tuesday, July 4, 2006

Happy 4th of July to...

Posted by kuri, ping, the pinglet, & mini-ping on 7/04/2006
...E7! Yes, ladies and gentlemen, E7 will be celebrating the 4th without me. Unbelievably, the U.S. consulate is having some 4th of July party (which, by the way, I never hear about until too late, like this evening), and E7 has to go with his boss.

Wait, let's look at this again.

My husband who is J-A-P-A-N-E-S-E--lest we forget--is going to a 4th of July party, which his wife (me, if you're a first time visitor), who is A-M-E-R-I-C-A-N, will not be attending because I didn't get an invitation.

Huh? Yeah, that pretty much sums up my thoughts on the subject.

That's when you know you're marriage is truly international. He gets to meet the U.S. consul...And I, ah well, I did get to meet the Emperor and Empress of Japan while in NY, and sang in front of the Crown Prince and Masako-sama while on the JET program, so I guess we're even.

Happy 4th!

3 of you feeling verklempt. Tawlk amongst yourselves:

Gina said...

Happy 4th of July! : )

Mom said...

A bit upside down....nee?

kuri & ping said...

Are you turning Japanese, Mom? Loved the "nee"! :)

 

International Marriage?!? Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review