Monday, June 12, 2006

Touch typing

Posted by kuri, ping, the pinglet, & mini-ping on 6/12/2006
Do you remember typing class in high school where your keyboard was covered with a sheet of paper and you had to figure out the correct keys? That's pretty much what I'm doing now with my eyes closed because I'm exhausted from the fantastic weekend with my foreign wives group.

Our group in Kyushu organized this year's convention under the theme of "Southern Comforts" to provide everyone with a great place to relax and just enjoy being together. We had a three day program (Friday to Sunday) with dinner under the stars, a lovely 3 hour lunch, sessions on rest and relaxation, spa/shopping/historical tours, a panel on living independently, a silent auction and raffle which netted 150,000 yen for a local women's shelter, and a masquerade ball and cabaret...with male dancers! I pretty much stayed up the entire weekend, which is why I'm completely shattered this week.

Members of the group introduced the theme of the next convention and I'm DEFINITELY looking forward to that one since I'll just be enjoying myself, rather than running around like a chicken with my head cut off. The next committee is having a charity fundraiser for breast cancer with attendees making up personal goals and finding sponsors. I'll be doing the old "weight loss" goal, but MandeJ has an interesting take on her personal goal for the convention.

I've decided to charge Ping 10,000 yen for each kilo I lose. He's going to be a poor man by the time I get through with him!

4 of you feeling verklempt. Tawlk amongst yourselves:

ichiandzero said...

Wow! I am so glad that it went so well:) I hope you have a chance to rest.

Mande's J-Life said...

Otsukaresama!

Wanna do that weight loss thing together? I have already quit smoking. It was easy...

Narelle said...

The money for kg's is a great idea. My father is going to shout me a new wardrobe when I get down to my goal weight - cannot wait for that one to come - am going to shop in the nice shops rather than target etc !!!

NB

Anonymous said...

MandeJ: I would love to do the weight loss thing together! Narelle, sounds like a great way to get motivated. :)

 

International Marriage?!? Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review