Sunday, June 18, 2006

For Dad

Posted by kuri, ping, the pinglet, & mini-ping on 6/18/2006
Happy Father's Day to the best Dad in the world!

Remember those cards you would buy at the local drugstore when you were about 8 years old? Holding it in your grubby little hands on the way upstairs with the breakfast painstakenly made with your brothers and sisters? Oh, I know that my Dad remembers those inedible breakfasts. Dad, I just wanted to let you know that I tried very hard to get Karen, Kenny, David and Meghan to get the recipes just right, as I sat back with my book in my director's chair. I apologize on their behalf for their lack of cooking skills.

I've talked about my Dad here before in his role as the "quintessential Renaissance Man". He's had numerous roles throughout my life--the rough, tough-talking NYC cop, maker of dollhouses, track and soccer coach, camper extraordinare, Christmas tree locating expert, and the standard to which I've held every guy I've ever dated up to (E7 made the cut, obviously).

Dad, E7 and I want to wish you a wonderful Father's Day (and Happy Birthday on Monday!)...and, no, we didn't get you a combo Father's Day/birthday gift of socks this year! We splurged and got you socks AND a tie.

4 of you feeling verklempt. Tawlk amongst yourselves:

Andrea said...

What a good daughter you are. hehehe
Now tell us the truth - holy terror right. lol ( I was hehhe)

I love the pink of this template - just LOVE it!

deenster said...

Ohhh...that is sweet! Sounds like you have a great dad!

By the way, I just read your "100 things about Kuri" list, and my middle name is Rae, too!!

Dad said...

It always makes me proud when I know that my daughter has chosen her life long mate based on her fathers standards. It makes me happy to know that what I believed important is also important to you. Thanks for the blog. Its very special to me . Love you! Dad

kuri & ping said...

Andrea, no, I was perfect. :) Deenster, that is so cool that we have the same spelling! I've never met anyone who has spelled their name that way. :)

Dad, you're the bestest! :)

 

International Marriage?!? Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review