Wednesday, June 28, 2006

A fevaa in the morning...

Posted by kuri, ping, the pinglet, & mini-ping on 6/28/2006
...fever all through the night...you give me fevaa...

I love that song...even though it has nothing to do with today's post. Just felt like treating you all to a little song before I get to the nitty-gritty of today's post, which is, well, not that much, actually.

So, now that my foreign wives convention and two environmental conferences I had to work on over the weekend are over, I have so much time on my hands. I took off on Monday and Tuesday and did n.o.t.h.i.n.g. The most I exerted myself was getting out to the spa to get a massage, and even then, I made a detour for lunch on the way.

While nothing is really going on for me right now, I have lots friends and family that are going through various changes. I am looking for a life change too and am getting a little impatient that nothing is happening. Maybe I just need some new curtains...

Maybe if I list the things that are annoying me right now, I'll feel a little better:
  • The fact that the weather is crap...heat and rain combined do not make a happy Kuri (and an unhappy Kuri does not make a happy Ping)
  • The fact that Spain got themselves eliminated from the World Cup
  • The fact that the World Cup is on at ungodly hours, which makes me lose sleep, which makes me tired, which makes me more irritated (see the cycle?)
  • The fact that I have yet to get to the gym (which reminds me that I have to get my goals for my weight challenge in order)
  • The fact that I even have to do a weight challenge
  • The fact that Yahoo! has changed their site and now I have to get used to it all over again

Hmm...I am feeling a little better now that I've gotten that off my chest. "E-therapy" combined with my daily horoscope readings...and, welcome to mental health in the 21st century.

6 of you feeling verklempt. Tawlk amongst yourselves:

Granny said...

The weather is crap here too it that's any consolation.

Narelle said...

I had to get up at 1am the other morning to see Australia lose in an interesting way at the WC - was not happy !!! The weather here is horrid at the moment - it is cold and raining - ahh perhaps I need a little etherapy as well :)

NB

montchan said...

ha! And I almost cried with joy when Spain got eliminated. But poor French, they gotta play, who? Brazil next? They are going home too.
Misty

Anonymous said...

Granny, hope the weather gets better there, and that your blog gets back up again!?!

Narelle, yes, it was pretty sad to see Australia lose, especially since the penalty kick at the end of the game should not really have been a penalty. But you always have to be careful inside the box...poor guy. They played great though!

Montchan, Really? I love Spain...although the looked like sh*t when I saw them play France. France looked great, which is more than I can say about them until that game. :)

Jess said...

At least Spain made it to the Round of 16.

In the US, with the time difference, you have to either tape the game (and avoid the internet completely) or skip work to watch, as they're on in the middle of the day here. I'll admit to taking the morning off for our Ghana game. :(

I'm supporing England now that we're out of it. IMO,they have the best looking players overall. ;)

kuri & ping said...

Jess, what are you going to do now that England is out of it too? (Did you know that???) I especially like Totti...he's got great eyes. :)

 

International Marriage?!? Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review