Sunday, June 18, 2006

Could I have a new calling?

Posted by kuri, ping, the pinglet, & mini-ping on 6/18/2006
E7 and I just finished watching the Portugal-Iran match and right now, I'm into the whole Latin/Spanish/Portugese thing listening to a CD that our convention committee received from a "secret admirer". It has tons of Spanish songs on it that are incomprehensible to me. My one year of Spanish in high school didn't prep me to decipher song lyrics. I almost want to get up from my computer chair and salsa. Almost.

This morning, we got up at noon--fairly early for us--and went clothes shopping for E7. He's recently started playing tennis again, but only owns one pair of sweatpants and his only pair of sneakers fell apart yesterday. So, we were off to Sports Authority in Riverwalk to outfit him in the style to which he's become accustomed.

While I was sitting patiently in the shoe section of the store, I was enjoying the music selection that was playing...I think I embarassed E7 by singing out loud to a number of songs. Off tune and with the words all wrong because I didn't exactly know every word to every song. He then retaliated by turning to me with a pair of sneakers on, saying "These are it!" and taking off at a sprint down the aisle to test them out. Back and forth.

This was all going on while the store employees were making announcements over the PA system...in English. "Shoe authority to customer service, please." I wonder if that's something they learned in training or if they were just trying to make the day go a little faster.

After E7 finished the 100 meter aisle dash with his new shoes, it was off to the clothing section to find something for him to wear so he doesn't have to do laundry the same day he comes back from tennis practice. I found a nice pair of shorts and a pair of cut-off sweatpants for him to try on.

It took him about 20 minutes to try two pieces of clothing on. I was waiting outside the door when he finally came out, complete with a commentary about why he didn't like the cut-offs. It boiled down to the fact that he said he "looked ridiculous" when he tried them on. Huh. Apparently I shouldn't quit my day job to become a personal shopper.

Now, we're back in the apartment getting ready for the next match--Czech Republic and Ghana--and it's very hot. And humid. And airless because E7 doesn't like to open the windows at night. So, I'm suffering through an evening in the rain forest.

Wait...I feel the salsa music working it's magic and I'm off the chair...Ping! Spin me!

1 of you feeling verklempt. Tawlk amongst yourselves:

Gina said...

Both you and E7 are the cutest couple ever and so funny! I swear I can just imagine you two at the Sports Authority! Ha ha ha!

By the way, I wanted to mention I changed my blog address. Sorry for the confusion and all. When I first started my blog back in November. I couldn't think of a good blog address on the spot like that. My mind drew a complete blank. Anyhow, I changed it now and I won't be changing it anymore, promise.: )

 

International Marriage?!? Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review