Friday, June 16, 2006

The challenge

Posted by kuri, ping, the pinglet, & mini-ping on 6/16/2006
Scrumptious food, lovely luxurious lunches, rich, dark chocolate (I'm drooling just writing that)...those will be a thing of the past for me from next week. That's when I'll be starting my breast cancer charity challenge, which I've decided will take the shape of me getting in shape (do you like the analogy?)

I have until February to lose the pounds (or lovely little kilos...they do make it sound like you're less heavy when you quote your weight in kilos) and make some money for breast cancer research. Um, and no, I will not be posting my actual weight here, but will tell you when I lose anything. Actually, you probably won't be able to get me to shut up about it.

On a (totally un-) related note, Argentina and Serbia and Montenegro are playing tonight in the World Cup. E7 and I saw Spain play the other night, and they look just as good as they did 4 years ago. I would love to see them go all the way this year.

While I was searching for news on the World Cup, I came across this cute article. Don't you wish you were married to him? Wait, montchan, this wouldn't be you, would it?

5 of you feeling verklempt. Tawlk amongst yourselves:

Mande's J-Life said...

It is my understanding that rich, dark chocolate can still remain on the menu, along with red wine. I wouldn't forgo everything if I were you. I certainly will not.

kuri & ping said...

Well, Mande, I think I'll do the diet challenge with you! :) Sounds like my kind of thing.

Jess said...

Good luck with your challenge, Chris! :) I'm looking forward to your updates. My mom, aunt and I did the "Race for the Cure" a couple of years ago (long before we had any actual first-hand breast cancer experience) and it was really fun.

Hilarious World Cup story. That's pretty much the only thing going on in our house right now. We're hosting a party tomorrow for the US-Italy game. (serving "american food"-hot dogs, burgers, chips and apple pie) :) S told me that tomorrow, I have to deny my Italian heritage. ;)

Granny said...

I have an English friend who always gives her weight in "stone". You might think about that.

montchan said...

no, it's not me, but there are quite a few houses wrapped in national colors in our neck of the woods. And the 'hood was shaking when Sweden finally scored.
:-)

 

International Marriage?!? Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review