Monday, May 29, 2006

Light, with a splash of gasoline

Posted by kuri, ping, the pinglet, & mini-ping on 5/29/2006
Yesterday, E7 and I stopped at the gas station on the way to Green Park and Iwaya beach. I normally let him go about his business, while I sit in all my princessy glory in the front seat doing nothing.

While I was contemplating the meaning of life, I hear this little voice out the window asking me how I wanted my coffee.

Me: Why did you just ask me how I want my coffee?

E7: Well, cause I'm ordering it.

Me (sighing because I have to get out of the car now): I can go in and order it while you're pumping the gas.

E7: No, I can order it right here.

I look outside and there I see a TV menu on the gas pump. He was basically ordering coffee and something to eat while he was pumping gas.

I couldn't get over this. I thought this was the best thing I had ever seen and kept going on and on about it. Even E7 was a little impressed (just a little though), because he did voice a small complaint that he shouldn't have had to get out of the car and actually go get the coffee. That they should either have a drive through or have the person bring it out to the car directly. Kind of like room service at the pumps.

I told him that it might even be better if he could just put his mouth over the pump itself and fill up on coffee. Then he could do everything all in one go. He didn't find that as amusing as I did for some reason.

9 of you feeling verklempt. Tawlk amongst yourselves:

umeshu said...

That is so funny! I got quite a chuckle of imagining the coffee pump.

illahee said...

oh hey, i went to green park last october.



LOL of course, i'm impressed with ordering coffee at the pump, too. which station?? ENOS?

ichiandzero said...

Yes! please tell us which station.

Mande's J-Life said...

How about like a drive-up bank where the coffee cup shoots out through a tube and comes right to a little window attached to the gas pump. Oh my god, we could be rich in no time.

I like your phrase "all my princessy glory".

Granny said...

I want one too. Decaf please.

L. said...

I agree, there should be a tube that pumps coffee into drivers while they fill their tanks.

And also another tube, to siphon away their body wastes.

There`s no reason why we shouldn`t be able to have it all, and I count on the Japanese to invent the technology to make it all possible.

kuri & ping said...

LOL about the station! I think it was Idemitsu, but can't remember. It's right along the monorail towards Kokuraminami. They have a Doutor coffee shop in the station itself so that's where they decided to pair up, I guess!

MandeJ, but I am always in "all my princessy glory"...it's my life. All I need is a tiara and it would be perfect. :)

L, too funny! Yes, I count on Japanese technology to make everything a reality. LOL

fan said...

Just out of curiosity..
What did you do at Green park?

kuri & ping said...

Went to see the rose garden (which is just beautiful!)

 

International Marriage?!? Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review