Friday, May 26, 2006

It could be worse...

Posted by kuri, ping, the pinglet, & mini-ping on 5/26/2006
If you're ever having a bad day, you can always console yourself with the fact that you are not:

See? Things can always be worse. This is what I was telling myself yesterday as the bad news just kept pouring in. Sometimes I wonder if there is a limitation to how much bad news you can take in a 24-hour period?

Most of the bad news happened to center around the fact that a meeting that we're organizing at work may be cancelled at the last minute. Kind of takes away my yaruki ("desire/willingness to do something"--and yes, I had to look it up because, and maybe it's just the old age kicking in, but I find myself reaching for English words every now and then).

Perhaps God felt a twinge of pity for me for the avalanche of bad news because as E7 and I were "dining out" at the local convenience store (otherwise known as conbini byufee, i.e. "convenience store buffet"), I happened to win a prize! Yes, it is the first prize I've ever won by luck in my entire 34 years and 4 months. With my fingers tingling with delight, I reached out for my prize...a small bottle of tea. Hmmm. Well, a free drink is a free drink so I wasn't complaining.

This weekend, E7 and I were thinking of taking a little mini-break when I remembered that I have a dinner date on Saturday night. This was set up at the beginning of April. I remember thinking how weird it was to be making plans almost 2 months in advance. That's when I realized that they all were probably going away with their husbands/wives/significant others/pets and I was the only one who tried to get on the bandwagon too late.

And speaking of making plans too far into the future, I was asked by a friend the other day what I was doing at the end of July. The end of July?!? Is it any wonder that I miss appointments and forget to meet people when they're expecting me to remember that I had plans with them in January of 2020?

I guess it could be worse though. This could have been my computer.

3 of you feeling verklempt. Tawlk amongst yourselves:

Granny said...

The first person I told about "this" was my Army veteran son (currently Nat'l Guard).

Can they really be that stupid?

Anonymous said...

Um, I live next to that Volcano. But I didn't hear the radio warning. I'm glad I didn't! It's pretty crazy actually because my fiance and I are currently looking for a house and one of our criteria is to make sure we're at least 50 ft. above the river valleys. You'll notice a steep drop in price of the house the closer to the river valleys they get.

kuri & ping said...

Granny, yes, I guess they can be that stupid. :)

Anonymous: Thanks for posting! Hope to "see" you around here more. :)

 

International Marriage?!? Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review