Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Bits 'n' pieces

Posted by kuri, ping, the pinglet, & mini-ping on 5/23/2006
Welcome to my fractured and thought-filled mind. This is what happens when you're up until FOUR.THIRTY.IN.THE.MORNING. Don't ask why, you'll only go away more confused than you are already...I mean, you visit my blog, don't you? You should be confused already.

Care to take a tour through the vacant space where my brain currently resides? So, what's going on up there?

  1. Congrats to my brother, David, on getting a HR position in a very well-known company! And, congrats to my sister, Meg, on getting not one, but two offers to play soccer overseas (how cool is that? She can "bend it like Beckham," baby) and getting a second interview at a job that sounds like it will be pretty great. Meg, I think you should go with the job that will give me more opportunities to travel great distances. Yeah, that's what you should base your decisions on.
  2. Jeez, I'm hungry. And thirsty. And cold. The air conditioner is on in my office and it's freezing.
  3. Yes, I know I have yet to post photos from my genealogy treasure hunt in NY. I promise that I'll get on it as soon as...well, as soon as...um, soon.
  4. Did I say that I was hungry?
  5. I spent today trying to focus on what people were saying but it was all in slow motion. Even my responses seemed to come from far away and were things that I never would have said if I was all there. Wow. Sleep deprivation really is effective if you want people to tell you what you need to hear.
  6. My friend passed on some information about an annual golf outing which raises money for The Christopher Slattery Memorial Scholarship Foundation. This foundation was established in memory of Chris who died in the World Trade Center on September 11th. Visit the site to learn more.
  7. I'm currently organizing a convention for my foreign wives group that's finally happening in 2 weeks! Things are really starting to gel together and what was originally just "bit 'n' pieces" is now a real, live convention. ambjp, Q, and MandeJ: Can't wait to see you!

Oi, I need to get home. My bed is beckoning and since E7 picked me up yesterday, I don't think he'll be too inclined to come get me again.

********************
More random thoughts...Why do weather announcers never know when the rainy season begins? Do they just wait until it rains Every.Single.Day. and then decide to let everyone know that the season has started? E7 keeps telling me that the rainy season hasn't begun because they haven't announced it on the news, but um, it certainly looks that way to me. When it rains 24 hours a day, 7 days a week in a sloooooooow annoooooooooying drizzzzzzzzle, then it's time to break out the anti-mold cleaning agents and get a haircut so my hair doesn't go on its downward spiral to frizzdom.

*sigh* Another summer is upon us. I can't wait until it starts snowing again.

1 of you feeling verklempt. Tawlk amongst yourselves:

Narelle said...

I get like that at times too Chris especially if I am lacking in some sleep. Nothing worse than having 3 million thoughts running through your head at the one time. Good luck with the rainy season - it is just starting to turn cold here and I want the summer to start again !!!

NB

 

International Marriage?!? Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review