Monday, April 3, 2006

Weekend updates

Posted by kuri, ping, the pinglet, & mini-ping on 4/03/2006
I took a "mental health" day on Friday so that I didn't have to pretend that I was sad my pseudo-boss was transfering. Ahhhh, the joys of being passive-aggressive, as so eloquently described by L. on her blog. This is one trait in Japan that I have picked up quite easily...and one that serves my purposes well.

This weekend, E7 and I did ohanami with a few friends. I love this season, even though to me it signifies that summer--my most despised season--is around the corner. I love that people come out and have picnics under the cherry blossoms. I love that there are some people who are so prepared that they bring carpets and heaters with them to ward off the cold.

So today is the start of the new school year and business financial year. Many changes are afoot in my institute and branch office, although we aren't supposed to know about them..."officially". Rumors have been running amok but have yet to be given the "nod" by the powers that be. I wonder that will be...June sounds about right.

April 1st, April Fools Day, was my parents' 39th wedding anniversary. High school sweethearts, they got married when they were 18 years old. I always think of that on April 1st and remind myself that if I had gotten married when I was 18 years old to the guy I was dating at that time, I would probably not be married anymore. I also wouldn't have met my perfect soulmate (that would be E7 if you're not sure who I'm talking about) and there would be no reason to have this website.

Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad!!!

0 of you feeling verklempt. Tawlk amongst yourselves:

 

International Marriage?!? Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review