Thursday, April 13, 2006

True love

Posted by kuri, ping, the pinglet, & mini-ping on 4/13/2006
Tonight in the bath...

Me: Ping, would you go to karaoke with me?
E7: Huh?
Me: No one likes karaoke and I haven't been in more than 2 years. Will you go?
E7: Can't you ask M____ or J____ or someone else?
Me: I've asked them before but they don't want to go.
E7: Well, could I read a book while we were there?
Me: Definitely! You can just hang out in the little room with me.
E7: OK, so all I have to do is sit there? You won't make me sing any of the duets, right?
Me (crossing my heart): I promise. You won't have to do a thing. Hey, I know. You can be my groupie!

5 of you feeling verklempt. Tawlk amongst yourselves:

Helen said...

Awww! That's so sweet!

I've got hubby to like karaoke now, and he asks to go almost as much as I do!

I'd go with you if I lived closer......

Expat Traveler said...

P wouldn't be caught dead doing that, nor would I want to see the embarrassment from his singing... I guess some of us just aren't cut out for it!

Midori said...

Seee... this is another reason for you to add Kagoshima to your travels- I LOVE karaoke!

kuri & ping said...

Helen, that's awesome that you got Dh to go with you...I'm hoping for some karaoke action this weekend! :)

Expat, it's so much better doing karaoke in Japan. You get to go to a separate room only with your own group...no embarassing public singing gaffes!

Midori...looks like a trip to Kagoshima is in order, hmmm??? :) BTW, are you thinking of coming to the mini-convention in Okinawa in November??? Contact Victoria for more info! :) I would totally be up for karaoke then.

Mande's J-Life said...

First, I thought you wrote before that E7 really loves to sing.

Second, I will sing Karaoke with you in Kyushu this summer. I will be there!

 

International Marriage?!? Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review