Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Rain, rain, go away

Posted by kuri, ping, the pinglet, & mini-ping on 4/11/2006
It's been raining since Sunday. Rain, rain, rain.

I've never liked that saying "April showers bring May flowers." I mean, who cares what May will bring if you have to go through the entire month of April with SAD?* I don't have a problem with SAD. I actually like when it rains (well, except in summer when it just makes life unbearable). It's the perfect time to curl up with a book and a cup of coffee or tea and just while the weekend hours away.

I remember that I used to get all bent out of shape when it rained. "Now the party is ruined." "We can't go out if it rains." But after going to New Zealand a few years ago where it rained every. single. day. we were there, I realized that I don't actually need the sun to have a good time. Rain? Not a problem. Sleet? I can totally deal. Hail? OK, now we're getting into biblical disasters, which don't sit well with my hair style.

That's the only thing that drives me batty about the rain (and the rainy season and the humidity). My hair. I have (to put it nicely) wavy hair. This means that my hair turns into a great big frizzball when it rains or there is any hint of moisture in the air. I've tried everything. Believe me. I think I've even tried products that haven't yet gotten FDA approval (just kidding, Mom), but nothing works.

Maybe I should think about getting my locks shorn off, a la Sinead O'Conner. I don't think E7 would go for that though.

* SAD: Seasonal Affective Disorder

3 of you feeling verklempt. Tawlk amongst yourselves:

illahee said...

ever since i learned that rain destroys suzume-batchi nests, i love it even more (you know, being from western washington and all.)

Cari said...

Sick of comment spam from me yet? ;) I so miss Frizz-Ease? Remember that from Finesse back in the 80s and 90s?

I'm thrilled to find hair dye, finally but my hair is at th emoment in two braids to keep it sort of under control.

Andrea said...

after being from the west coast and near vancouver rain means absolutly nothing to me.
it rains every day for about 7 months straight there.

 

International Marriage?!? Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review