Monday, April 17, 2006

Out like a light

Posted by kuri, ping, the pinglet, & mini-ping on 4/17/2006
The evenings normally find E7 and I fighting to stay awake. It's not uncommon for us to go to bed at 2 or 3AM and wake up in time to go to work the next day, raring to go. Well, not me so much since the first thought I have as I walk through the door of my office every day is: "God, it wasn't a nightmare. It's real."

But lately, we've both noticed that we need a little more time to recover each morning before running to catch the train. Often I'll come home from work to find E7 "resting his eyes" when I know for a fact that he would sleep on til morning if I let him.

So, we're trying a new experiment. We've imposed a curfew on ourselves and are going to get to bed before midnight every night this week.

I'll let you know how everything go.......zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

6 of you feeling verklempt. Tawlk amongst yourselves:

Jess said...

I don't know how you stay up so late and then get to work on time! So, I know I'm old because I almost never stay up past midnight on a work night. The days when I saw 2 or 3 AM are long gone...:)

Belinda said...

Wow Chris I don't know how you can do that sometimes, let alone on a regular basis!

In our house the alarm goes off at 530am, so we are off to bed usualy around the 930pm mark. Much later than 10 and we are tired the next day.

How on earth do you get by on such little sleep? And what do you DO all night? That's a lot of hours to kill LOL!

Andrea said...

Li is like that and has not yet admitted that he cant really do it comfortably anymore. i never could.

wozers blog changes. like/love the colours really friendly!!!
but just a request, could you make the font one size larger or one shade darker?

kuri & ping said...

Jess: I don't know how we stay up so late either (it's already 11PM and we haven't yet started getting ready for bed!) Maybe I'm just forever young. LOL

Belinda, 5:30??? That's why I don't teach! What do we do all night? I guess watch TV, take a long bath, chat, talk to my family on the phone (remember the time difference!)....lots of stuff, I guess. :)

Andrea, Thanks for your compliments! Just increased the font size. :)

Expat Traveler said...

Hmm - you guys are crazy. I wake up early no matter what, and then get too bored and wish I could be outside and just cave in, listen to the radio and fall asleep. P hates it because I wake him up early and I know he needs more sleep... I'm interested to see how things go...

Belinda said...

Being a teacher isn't the cause for early rises, Chris. Steven commutes to Sydney for work so he's on a train around 630am. I don't have to be at work til 830am, but I like to put in a good hr or more before then, so I usually leave home around 7, getting to work around 740.

So it's for Steven that the alarm goes off so early. I don't always get up when he does but the alarm usually wakes me up.

 

International Marriage?!? Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review