Tuesday, April 4, 2006

Green with envy

Posted by kuri, ping, the pinglet, & mini-ping on 4/04/2006
Oh baby...guess how many days of paid leave I have this year?

32 days of regular paid leave
5 days of summer holiday
5 days of "refresh" time

For a grand total of...drumroll, please...

42 days!

And, I'm going to be the ugly American in Japan and take Every. Single. One.

I better get started on planning my holidays. Where to go, where to go...

7 of you feeling verklempt. Tawlk amongst yourselves:

Belinda said...

How come you get so many Chris? I was always of the assumption that Japanese gave their employees very little annual leave.

Well, to start with, you could always come back to Australia and see Sydney this time ;)

have fun planning!!!

kuri & ping said...

Belinda, most people get 20 days of holiday every year and can carry over up to 20 for the next year (you can conceivably have 40 days of paid leave). But most people can't take a lot of leave because of the amount of work or just peer pressure.

Fortunately, E7 is not one who caves in to peer pressure. :)

Jess said...

Wow, that's awesome, Chris. Here, I know that our employees have to use their sick time within the year, otherwise they lose it. You can accrue vacation up to a certain point, but you only accrue 1-2 days a month, so it takes a while to accumulate it. Of course, we have a pretty good system. Most people I know who work other places get maybe 5-10 days total for Paid time off, sick vacation or whatever.

Cari said...

I am in awe. You earned it though, party hard ;)

Megs said...

new york...or should i say PA May 7th..sounds like a good time for a vacation....

Midori said...

KAGOSHIMA!!!! You wouldn`t even need to take very much leave and we have a volcano and everything! ;-)

kuri & ping said...

Jess, that's interesting about the accumulation of holidays...I've only worked at one company in the U.S. after I graduated and it was also a Japanese company so they operated pretty much like the companies do here.

Cari, oh yes, I certainly did earn it!

Megs, oh, I wish we could go to your graduation...we'll be arriving in Japan that evening! :( I'll have to give you a call though and I'll be there in spirit!!!

Midori, hmmm...Kagoshima sounds like a plan! Will keep you posted. :)

 

International Marriage?!? Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review