Monday, April 3, 2006

The grass is always greener

Posted by kuri, ping, the pinglet, & mini-ping on 4/03/2006
How do you learn to appreciate what you have? Why is it that everyone else's lives always sound so much more interesting than what you're doing?

My sister is graduating college. My brother-in-law is up for tenure. I have numerous IRL and bloggy friends who are moving to new places and new countries, having babies, getting new jobs and getting promoted.

I wonder why it is that I feel like I'm not going anywhere myself? My life hasn't changed significantly in the past decade or so and I wonder if I'm having a mid-life crisis at 34? Is that possible? I think I need a major shake-up to get me out of the comfortable rut I find myself in...yes, a new challenge, that's what I need.

But what could that new challenge be? And will I have enough courage to change my life's path? Such an interesting crossroads to be at...

9 of you feeling verklempt. Tawlk amongst yourselves:

Winnie said...

I hope you run across, or stumbled across, or bump into the new challenge you are looking for:)

Megs said...

i am added in your blog and i feel you that the grass is always greener. but then again i look at you and say man i wish i could be happily married living overseas...so for me your grass is greener
Miss you!

Mande's J-Life said...

I agree with Megs. Happily married, traveling a lot, going to Europe AGAIN! I have never been to Europe.

Anonymous said...

Not interesting? Not going anywhere? Do you know that you're my conversation starter when things start to slow down?

The road less traveled...that's you, in case you didn't realize it! Love you lots,
Aunt Patty

Belinda said...

Chris, you may not own a house or have kids, but they are things that should not define you.

Aside from my friend Roz, you are the one whose life I view as the most interesting of all the ppl that I know!

i know routine can be boring, but wow you get up to some adventures!!!

kuri & ping said...

Thanks so much everyone for your comments! I know that everyone always thinks everything is better for everyone else (ergo: the grass is always greener!). :)

I wonder if maybe I am stuck in a routine and just need a little shaking up in some area of my life (that would be my work life!)...disatisfaction with work is not a good thing when you spend more than 1/2 your life there...

Thanks for thinking of me everyone! :)

Cari said...

I had a quarter life crisis at 24, so go with midlife at 34 :D

Anonymous said...

First comment from an occasional reader:

To me, your life looks amazing and full. You have traveled to so many places (WITH your husband!), you have a good job, you are a MACHINE when it comes to organizing things (I`m talking about AFWJ, kyucon, the website etc.), and it seems you have a great relationship with your dh. Plus, you tried "Hot Yoga"! I wish I had half of the energy that you do.

Warmly,
Suzan (aka Tigermama).

kuri & ping said...

Hey Suzan! Thanks for dropping by and the nice words. :) Just feeling sorry for myself for a few days, but am well over it. LOL

Cari, cool...I think I'll go for the midlife crisis at 34 (even though I had one at 27 as well). Yikes. Is it an every 7 year thing?

 

International Marriage?!? Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review