Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Doppelganger

Posted by kuri, ping, the pinglet, & mini-ping on 4/12/2006
Listening to my sister and I talk, you would swear that we were the same person.

Me: Ka, guess what? I have a zit on my chin.

Ka: No! Stop! Don't say anything else!

Because 2 days later, she's sporting one as well.

Yesterday, I was talking to her and she told me that she was on her way to the doctor's for something...which is exactly the problem I've had for a few years.

Every year at my physical--eloquently described by MandeJ for those of you who are not familiar with the Japanese medical system--I have the same problem that keeps cropping up. Now, while I would love to share this with you, Internet, I've decided that it will just be a little TMI (Too. Much. Information.) Trust me on this.

I've had some follow-up tests at the doctor in Japan, who inevitably tell me to "come back again next month"...apparently with the hope that whatever ails me clears up by that time. Then they can pronounce me cured and present my case study at their next conference.

Anyway, so I was thrilled (well not thrilled) to find out that my sister was getting a check-up for the same thing. So I did what any good big sister would do: I told her to find out what was wrong with us and report back. Hey, there's no need for me to make an unnecessary visit to the doctor and get blood drawn (ugh) if my sister is already sacrificing her veins for the same thing, YKWIM?

So, we not only share clothes and zits, she is also my doppelganger. Ka, let me know what the verdict is!

Oh, and send some good vibes over to my sister's husband at two fool's running on his upcoming tenure!!!

1 of you feeling verklempt. Tawlk amongst yourselves:

Expat Traveler said...

sounds like just by thinking something, it happens to you both... Aren't you lucky you are jsut so much alike.. ;-)

 

International Marriage?!? Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review