Friday, April 28, 2006

Broadway diva

Posted by kuri, ping, the pinglet, & mini-ping on 4/28/2006
Last night, I was a Broadway diva. Seriously. No stop laughing, really.

E7 came home from work with a video of show from a performing high school that will be visiting the city in July. He asked me if I wanted to see the video, which in itself was suspicious because he hates going to musicals and shows unless he's dragged there. Most of the time when we're in NY and we see a show, he ends up falling asleep. So you can see that I suspected there was an ulterior motive.

Be that as it may, I was excited to watch it and settled myself comfortably into our couch with the broken springs. E7 then took out a piece of paper and started to time the songs to see how long each would last. Ah-ha. Since his knowledge of Broadway songs begins and ends with, "Tooooomorow, tomorrow...um, la, la, la," this was where my long hidden away expertise kicked in.

I serenaded. I warbled. I vibrattoed. Every. Single. Word. Of. Every. Single. Song. I was like a jukebox, coming out with songs and lyrics that I didn't even know that I knew. I even frightened myself a bit.

One of the songs was "Seasons of Love" which E7 now can sing. So now the both of us are going around the apartment singing, "525,600 minutes...um...la, la, la, la."

Off to NY tomorrow for a few weeks so will be on a blogging hiatus! Enjoy your Golden Week holidays for those of you in Japan and for the rest of you. Um, well, just enjoy!

3 of you feeling verklempt. Tawlk amongst yourselves:

Granny said...

See you in a few weeks. Enjoy yourselves.

Narelle said...

Have a great trip Chris. Enjoy the time with your family.

NB

Jess said...

Have a safe trip and hope you enjoy visiting wiht family. Hugs!

 

International Marriage?!? Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review