Friday, March 17, 2006

When Irish eyes are smiling...and your tooth hurts

Posted by kuri, ping, the pinglet, & mini-ping on 3/17/2006
So it's St. Paddy's Day and I'm not wearing green. I only realized it was the 17th when I got to work. But I've always been saved by my green eyes which I use as an excuse for my poor memory.

Oh, and my website is green...so there.

However, the "luck 'o the Irish" isn't on my side today at work. No siree...it's a little more like Friday the 13th. Scary and with "Jason" right at my heels.

Anyway! I was going to tell you all about my wisdom teeth and getting them out here in Japan. I am a notorious baby when it comes to going to the doctor, so I just don't go. If I voluntarily go to the doctor's office, you know that I'm on my deathbed.

And my deathbed is where I found myself a few years ago, begging the dentist to rip my teeth out of my head. Begging. I had three wisdom teeth taken out by the same doctor--not on the same day, of course. I'm not a masochist for God's sake--and it was one of the worst experiences of my life.

I thought I was in the clear after that because one of my wisdom teeth didn't come in, although I could feel it right under my gum. Well, that little tooth is now a VERY big problem and no amount of pretending and ignorning the pain is making it go away.

I'm afraid that I will have to make another visit to the dentist. *shiver* I went a few months ago and talked to a different dentist about having it taken out, and he said that because it's in a difficult-to-access section in my mouth, it would be difficult to take out, but that he would gambaru (do his best). That is so NOT what I want to hear. I am all for doctors/dentists/medical people lying to you and saying that it won't hurt, even when you will be clawing at the ceiling from the pain. I don't need to know the details of what they're going to do to me, nor do I need to know that they are going to have a hard time fixing me up.

I don't need the honesty, Doc. Really.

2 of you feeling verklempt. Tawlk amongst yourselves:

illahee said...

i had all four taken out at the same time. in the US, mind you. and, all had grown in, straight, but were crowding a bit and cutting my cheeks. so...i had them out, with a local, no pain (though the weirdest noises), no problems afterward and no more wisdom teeth.

good luck with yours. i hope you find another, very good, dentist!

kuri & ping said...

Thanks illahee! My upper tooth is cutting into my cheek as well (growing outwards?) Ugh. I don't even want to think about it. :)

 

International Marriage?!? Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review