Friday, March 24, 2006

Weathergirl Extraordinaire

Posted by kuri, ping, the pinglet, & mini-ping on 3/24/2006
Well, it pains me to say it but hot yoga wasn't my cup of tea (or coffee for you coffee-lovers like me!)

Perhaps it was the vivid red blotches on my face that stayed for hours after the class.

Perhaps it was the shortness of breath and lack of flexibility that made things harder.

Or perhaps it was just irritation at the instructor for making yoga--which as far as I know is designed to make you relax--feel like a race to finish 2 gazillion poses before the end of the hour.

Anyway, I'm now back to late nights at the gym. Last night after step class, I made a quick detour for a bite to eat (and undid all the good work I had done at aerobics) before I went home. As I walked in the door after trudging from the train station with my gym gear, I was greeted by a very strong smell of kimchi, which is now emenating from my refrigerator from E7's business trip to Korea last weekend.

He proceeded to kiss me hello and then tried to figure out what I had just eaten and what restaurant I ate at. He tried to divine this by a kiss. Yes, we're not very romantic...and I guess I should have brushed my teeth before I kissed him, huh. *ewwww!*

It's now nearing the end of March and cherry blossom season is almost upon us. But who knew that there was so much stress attached to it?

I hope you are all thinking lovely pink thoughts as you wait for the end of the fiscal year and the cherry blossom season to begin (well, if you're in Japan). If you're somewhere else, I hope the signs of spring will soon be upon you! (Except for my pals in Australia, where lovely fall is around the corner. Or if you're in Antartica where it's winter pretty much all year round.)

Oh for God's sake...wherever you are, enjoy the weather!

6 of you feeling verklempt. Tawlk amongst yourselves:

Narelle said...

We have finally hit some decent weather here. No longer is it 35 degree days and 27 degree nights. We can sleep without the air conditioner going full force and do our job without wilting in the extreme temperatures - thank goodness!! I love Autumn and Spring - hate the thought of winter though !!!

Ed said...

That's o.k. Chrissy - before we go out (which happens once every 3 months) Karen usually has me check her teeth like we're at a horse show just to make sure there isn't anything in them - how's that for romance?

Narelle - I lived in Brisbane for a full winter (last year) and the coldest days there were similar to our coldest days in mid Autumn and early Spring - I loved it!

kuri & ping said...

Narelle, 35 degrees??? Ugh. That's awful. I hope the weather gets better! :) Fall is my favorite season so I'm kind of jealous.

Hey Ed! Oh, the teeth checking thing? Yes, we're old pros in that too...except I do it right at the table. We're so elegant. :) BTW, Narelle, I was visiting Ed and his family (my sister and their kids)when I saw you in Brisbane! So you guys kind of know each other indirectly. :)

Expat Traveler said...

I love our new weather...spring and the longer days makes for a happy me. :)

Jess said...

Hey Chris! Sorry to see that the Hot Yoga wasn't for you. I'm actually thinking of checking out a similar class with a friend, but haven't done it yet.

Spring looks like it's finally around the corner here. About time!!

Anyway, just wanted to check in and say hey!

Jess said...

P.S. Nice Michigan shirt, Ed. I have the same one! :)

 

International Marriage?!? Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review