Wednesday, March 8, 2006

Swamp a**

Posted by kuri, ping, the pinglet, & mini-ping on 3/08/2006
Last night, Michelle and I went to check out the new Kyushu hot spot (in more ways than one!): "Hot Yoga" or in English.

This is a new type of yoga where the room is heated to unbearably high temperatures and you workout for 1 to 1 1/2 hours while drinking at least a liter of water. I assume it would be equivalent to being in the desert at high noon and not being able to get into the air-conditioned interior of your car.

I didn't tell E7 I was going to try out this style of yoga because he would think I was insane. I think I'm insane for even considering this especially with my distaste for heat and hot climates. I'm looking to retire to Alaska.

So, we have a trial session this coming Tuesday. They'll check to see if our bodies can handle the heat. Now, I was in a sweat just talking to the staff about the program yesterday, so frankly, I'm a little petrified about how I will perform in the actual class. What if I fail the test? (Classic first child syndrome...we MUST excel in everything.) What if I pass out from the heat? What if I'm afflicted with "swamp ass"? (Karen that was for you!)

Oh. My. God. Did I just see something in the English explanation that the room is heated to 105 degrees F? Mother of God.

6 of you feeling verklempt. Tawlk amongst yourselves:

Narelle said...

Geese Chris. If you want to do things in that sort of temperature come visit me in summer. I can guarentee you those temps but we would have a blast doing whatever we want!!!

NB

Cari said...

Do I get hit for saying better you than me?

L. said...

I never wanted to try it myself, because I can`t imagine the room smells very nice.

Laura said...

How do they check first? Put you in a sauna for a while?

I can't stand hot rooms but I guess it helps sweat the toxins out.

Anonymous said...

I - along with Karen apparently - am just happy you incorporated Swamp Ass into your blog - Danielle

kuri & ping said...

Narelle: Oh, I can certainly get those temperatures here in Japan! I do not recommend you coming to visit between June and August. :)

Cari: No, you don't get hit! :) You should come down and join me. LOL

L.: You know, I never thought about the room smelling bad...oh god, something else to think about! :)

Laura: I wonder what they do to check? Maybe they put a heart monitor on you while you're doing yoga or something and then if you're having trouble, they whisk you out of the class before you can cause any inconvenience to other people? :)

Danielle: Yes! You and Karen and happy that swamp ass made it onto the blog. I've been looking for a way to incorporate it for a while, and this was the perfect opportunity. LOL

 

International Marriage?!? Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review