Saturday, March 25, 2006

Shall we dance?

Posted by kuri, ping, the pinglet, & mini-ping on 3/25/2006
I just spent the last hour dancing with E7 around the apartment. This is because we just watched the Japanese version of "Shall We Dance?" (which was one of the first Japanese movies that I understood 100% of so it holds a special place in my heart.)

This might not sound so impressive to you. But neither of us can dance at all. The last time we danced together in public was at our wedding and we made sure to keep it simple, since we were both suffering from jet lag.

When I was in college, I was dragged to the Viennese Ball by a good friend of mine. We ended up dancing underneath the stairs because I was all over the place, bumping into him, stepping on his feet, bumping into the walls. I did, however, have my moments of grace, but as soon as I got excited about the fact that I was dancing, it was all over.

So E7 and I waltzing around our apartment? You can imagine the noise in the apartment downstairs.

*Shall weeeeeee dance? la, la, la...Shall we take to the....whatever the next words are...doo, doo, doo. Shall we dance?"

4 of you feeling verklempt. Tawlk amongst yourselves:

Midori said...

I love that film!! I always have the song in my head for weeks when I have watched it!

Expat Traveler said...

I think we've got something in Common. P and I together dancing makes for a bad situation too..

Calvin said...

Sigh . . I love that movie. One of my favorites. Good on you for dancing.

Anonymous said...

Shall we dance, On a bright cloud of music shall we fly?
Shall we dance, shall we then say good-night and mean good-bye?
Or per chance, when the last little star has left the sky
Shall we still be together with our arms around eachother, and will this be a new romance?
On the clear understanding that this kind of thing can happen
Shall we dance, shall we dance, shall we dance?

**Sigh** They don't make them like they used to....pure escapism, and Yul Brynner dancing across the stage...

Let me know if you need the lyrics for anything else, Ha!
Love, Aunt Patty

 

International Marriage?!? Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review