Tuesday, March 7, 2006

Rudolph the red nosed reindeer

Posted by kuri, ping, the pinglet, & mini-ping on 3/07/2006
Last night, I was tomato face girl. Bright. red. and shiny.

It's been a very long time since I've gone to the gym so I decided to go with some of the easier aerobics classes and opted for "beginners step". I am quite an accomplished aerobics chick but there is no way I will be going to the "jog til you puke" and "yoga for yogis" in the near future.

There I was with my step. If I think about thing rationally, I have to ask why I pay a monthly fee to the gym when I can just go up and down stairs...pretty much anywhere. Well, the thing is--I don't do that. Elevators, escalators...they are my friends, especially since I am blessed with what some might call "clumsiness" or as I like to refer to it: "momentary lapses of grace".

I have an awful habit of missing steps or misjudging the height of the next step, especially when I am running to catch the train in the mornings (Tangent: Missed the train and taxi'd it to work this morning and ended up with a driver who, after finding out I was married to a Japanese guy, started to discuss the most recent murder case in Japan which involves a non-Japanese woman married to a Japanese man. What this has to do with me, who knows, but as long as he feels better offloading on to me, well then I guess I have served my purpose. Yeah. OK.)

Last night was my second step class and unfortunately didn't go any better than the first one. Why is it that I am the only person who is beet red? I mean, REALLY red...heart attack red. Not the pleasant, "oh you look like you had a good workout"-red, but the "oh god, where is the number for the ambulance?!?"-red.

And sweating? I don't "perspire" like many of the women here...I sweat. It's quite disgusting. Even when E7 goes to tennis, he looks like he just took a brisk walk. Oh, and he doesn't sweat, or use deodorant because...he doesn't smell. At all. And I? Well, let's just say that I look like I've been tortured in hell for days and days when I come back from the gym.

Pass the chocolate.

3 of you feeling verklempt. Tawlk amongst yourselves:

Laura said...

Would it help if I told you that I go beet red and sweat like a pig too? I don't even have to exercise. A Japanese summer day will bring it on too.

Maybe it's a western woman thing...

Narelle said...

Chris I know the feeling. My morning walks, espcially in summer bring out the red in my skin. Is horrible and embarrassing.

NB

kuri & ping said...

Oh, thanks Laura and Narelle! It does make me feel better knowing that other people get that red. It happens to me in the summer as well just being outside.

BTW, I'm going to take a class on hot yoga on Tuesday. They heat up the room to unbearable temperatures and you do yoga! They evaluate you to see if your body can take the heat before they let you sign up as a member. Should be interesting!

 

International Marriage?!? Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review