Friday, March 17, 2006

Laugh til you puke

Posted by kuri, ping, the pinglet, & mini-ping on 3/17/2006
Do you have someone in your life who makes you laugh? I mean, really laugh?

My cousin is my laugh-buddy. Every time I talk to her, I can count on the both of us being in hysterics.

One night, E7 came out of the bathroom to find me lying on the kitchen floor, holding the phone, unable to breathe. I wasn't lying on the floor because I was laughing so hard...we don't have chairs in our kitchen, which is a story for another time.

But anyway! I was talking to my cousin and we were reminiscing about all her lovely boyfriends from the past, when she brought up a guy's name that I didn't remember.

A: Jack? You don't remember Jack? You know, the garbologist?

Me: The what?

A: Garbologist.

Me: What the hell is a garbologist?

A: You know, the guys who drive around collecting garbage.

Me: You mean, a garbage man?

A: Yeah, but he had a business card that said: "Jack Blah-blah, Garbologist".

She was telling me all this in a serious, down-to-earth tone, but it was about this time when I started to feel bubbles of laughter well up from my stomach...that just exploded from my mouth.

Now, the word garbologist is actually a real word. I had never heard of it, have you Internet?

Me (clutching my stomach and trying to breathe): You *gasp* didn't *gasp* just *gasp* make *gasp* that *gasp* up *gasp*, did you *gasp*?

A (with her kids in the background asking her if she was all right because her face was a dangerous shade of red...kind of like my face at the gym): Stop, stop, stop laughing!

It was at this point that E7 came out of the bath and saw me in contortions on the floor, gasping for breath, and tears rolling down my face.

He walked right on by, totally unconcerned by the human pretzel on the kitchen floor and went to watch whatever baseball game was on the telly.

5 of you feeling verklempt. Tawlk amongst yourselves:

Andrea said...

nope first time

Belinda said...

Yes I have heard of it - that is what they call them here.

:)

L. said...

I remember laughing like that at an email, and my husband walked in thought I was CRYING, and having a total nervous breakdown.

But another time I was rolling on the floor having an asthma attack (extremely rare for me), and he stepped over he and went to work because he didn`t realize what was happening.

Men -- pppft!

Mande's J-Life said...

Screams Domestic Engineer to me. I love it. It really makes it sounds like THE job to have. They do get paid a lot for what they do, you know. I could think of much worse.

kuri & ping said...

Andrea, Belinda, and MandeJ: it was the first time I had heard that word so it just set me off...it still does! :)

L. Nice about your DH getting all the signals wrong! :)

 

International Marriage?!? Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review