Monday, February 27, 2006

You gotta be in it, to win it!

Posted by kuri, ping, the pinglet, & mini-ping on 2/27/2006
What did I bring back with me from Tokyo? A raging case of hay fever or kafunsho. Ugh, I'm itching my nose just writing about it. Itchy red eyes, itchy nose, itchy throat, and with sneezing added to the mix, you have one sad girl, plus a husband, who also started getting allergies last year during the worst kafunsho season in recent history. Once you get it, the allergy is there for life. *sigh*

In between sneezing, sniffling, and rubbing my eyes, we gave a call to my aunt in New York, who celebrated her...um, 30th birthday...again last week (Happy Birthday Aunt Pats!!!). Wait a minute, how did you get younger than I am???

For her birthday, E7 came up with the brilliant idea of buying scratch-off lottery tickets which we ended up doing while we were chatting on the phone. Whenever my aunt won some money, you could hear E7 go: "Ooh, ooh, ooh! You won...a dollar." Out of 55 tickets, she won 5,100 yen!

So happy belated birthday Aunt Pats and enjoy your winnings!

2 of you feeling verklempt. Tawlk amongst yourselves:

Anonymous said...

Yes, 30...that sounds about right.
I love the lottery tickets/earrings...I'm just a gambling woman at heart!

Love, Aunt Patty

kuri & ping said...

I'm off to the store tonight to check out what earrings are available from your winnings! :) Will keep you posted on this. :)

 

International Marriage?!? Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review