Tuesday, February 21, 2006

When you're up, you're up

Posted by kuri, ping, the pinglet, & mini-ping on 2/21/2006
Overheard this morning at Chez Ishii...

E7 (bouncing from room to room, making toast, getting dressed and making all sorts of loud noise): Are you getting up? You only have 15 minutes to get ready to go to work.

Me (who only needs TEN minutes to get ready for work and requires those extra five minutes of sleep, mumbling into my pillow): 5 more minutes, 5 more minutes (BTW, Mom, does this sound familiar?)

Five minutes later...

E7 (still bouncing from room to room, now eating toast): It's five minutes later. Are you getting up?

Me (sure that he has been keeping time with a stopwatch, starts to rise slowly from the depths of my blankets, and am now all pissy because I hate to be woken up in the morning): Well, you know, I don't need a lot of time to wake up. When I'm up, I'm up.

E7: Um, that's not something to be proud of. Once everyone's up, they're up. That's why it's called "getting up".

*Humph*

4 of you feeling verklempt. Tawlk amongst yourselves:

Megs said...

hahah sounds like a true Pearson. Mom has given up waking me up she now calls my cellphone from downstairs to avoid the shoes in the face and evil stares..then again I have David and Kenny who rip off my blanket and run downstairs with no remorse...I hate morning people...even though Andy is one too

Midori said...

LOL!!! E7 sounds like so much fun!

Cari said...

10 minutes, you slowpoke! :P

I could never be married to a morning person, I'd be in jail for murder 10x over.

kuri & ping said...

megs: Yes, you're right! A true Pearson. :) I know you can sympathize. LOL

midori and cari: E7 *is* really fun. He ALWAYS makes me laugh. I am totally not a morning person, but he understands that and is usually pretty good about leaving me alone to wake up slowly.

 

International Marriage?!? Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review