Thursday, February 2, 2006

Doting husbands

Posted by kuri, ping, the pinglet, & mini-ping on 2/02/2006
Japan Aisaika Organization (Japanese)
Japan marks 'Beloved Wives Day' (English)

I don't have this problem because E7 is normally home before I am!

3 of you feeling verklempt. Tawlk amongst yourselves:

Narelle said...

"like calling one's wife by her name rather than grunting,"

Is that common????

NB

Mande's J-Life said...

My husband calls me all sorts of things and "Hmmph" happens to be one of them. I want him to join this group. What is really strange is that at the beginning of the year, I made him promise to declare one day a week "Family Day" so that he would come home earlier and I would be sure to actually cook dinner that night. First it was Wednesdays, but then he decided that would not be possible. Now, he has decided Tuesdays, but usually he calls to say he's too busy and will be home late. By the way, when I said he would come home earlier on family day, I meant that he would come home before 11pm. Instead, I get phone calls every night with him whining, "You just don't understand. I'm dying. I am going to collapse one of these days."

kuri & ping said...

Narelle, men of a certain generation did address their wives with a grunt (my FIL for one!). The famous story is of a husband coming home from work and saying only three words to his wife: "Furo, meshi, neru" which means "Bath, food, sleep". :)

Mande, that's terrible that DH gets home so late. I think that it is good for you to try to force him to come home early...not only for yourself but also for his own health. E7 is lucky. He's a civil servant so he basically does the "Go ji dashu", which is the "5:00 dash" out the door, even though he's management. He'll complain to me sometimes about not getting home early enough. I hope that your DH can set up a better way to get home early.

 

International Marriage?!? Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review