Thursday, February 16, 2006

Barbie's Dream House

Posted by kuri, ping, the pinglet, & mini-ping on 2/16/2006
It's 2AM and I am still awake! Actually, I'm waiting for E7 to get out of the bath...and what is it that I do online while he is sitting so innocently in the bathtub?

I check out real estate.

We've lived in this apartment going on 8 years now. Whenever I've felt the desire to move, I buy new curtains because, well, it kind of makes the whole place feel like new, doesn't it? This backfired on me one time because the curtains I bought were much more expensive than E7 thought. I wasn't planning on him knowing but I ended up buying the wrong size and he decided to come with me to return them...even though I kept telling him that I would do it myself (so I could hide the price).

Anyway, so this evening, I decided to check out what places are available around us for the very small amount of money that I want to spend. Here's what I found...




It's always nice to dream, right? *smile*

14 of you feeling verklempt. Tawlk amongst yourselves:

Megs said...

Dreaming is what I do best

My favorite house of those is the 3rd one down!!

Mande's J-Life said...

I also like the third one down. Even the last one might be okay, but you can't really see it. What is holding you back?

fan said...

Nihon no ie wa Amerika/Europe to kurabete kanari syoboi to omoimasu..demo ii ie mitsuketekudasai ne.
((^_^))

kuri & ping said...

Meg and MandeJ, my favorite house is the 3rd one down and it's not too much! E7 and I are definitely getting a second-hand house. What's holding me back? Well, money and E7...he's happy being in our apartment. I've been working on him for four years...he'll break soon. LOL

Fan, message arigatou gozaimasu! Watashitachi wa kekko chuukou jyuutaku ga suki de, toku ni washiki to youshiki no mikkusu wa ichiban ki ni iru! (romanji de kaku no wa hontou ni muzukashii desu ne! :)

Mande's J-Life said...

I have a lot of ideas for my AFWJournal column. Here are some:
How to convince your husband to buy a house.
How to get your husband to switch to skim milk.
How to get your husband to BACK OFF when it's time to choose interiors, such as curtains.
How to get your MIL to "leave you the hell alone."
How to get over Maza-kon (oedipus complex)
OR
How to live with Maza-kon and love it.

Any other ideas?

BELINDA said...

Chris you should go for it - give him a push somehow ;)

If you have the funds to do it, then go for it! Better paying off your mortgage than paying off someone else's property :)

I think the way you use the term '2nd hand house" is v. cute. I've not heard anyone else use that phrase before!

kuri & ping said...

Mande, Hmmm...no additional ideas, although how about entertaining the idea of moving to another country? :)

Belinda, what word do you use for 2nd hand houses in OZ? I might have been in Japan too long and forgot the word we use in the States. :)

Expat Traveler said...

I love the last two houses. They look really European actually.

Mande's J-Life said...

Actually, I have not achieved the feat of convincing my husband to move to another country. I feel that it would be wrong of me to write about something I have not achieved yet. I could interview other members and write about their experiences though!

I believe it is called a "house." And if you are buying a new house, you would say, "We are building house." If you just say, we are buying a house, then everyone assumes you are buying 2nd hander.

kuri & ping said...

"then everyone assumes you are buying 2nd hander."

Mande: Huh...I never thought of that...I'll have to wait to see what my sister says if she posts. :) Too literal, I guess!

L. said...

We did the Japan real estate thing, too.

We wanted either a second-hand house, or a piece of land on which our friend (an artitect) could build us a house.

The problem: we had a very hard time looking outside of central Tokyo, where we had lived for 6 years, and where we had a great community, etc. We found plenty of places in the `burbs, but everytime we looked a little further away, it felt like the moon.

We ended up buying a 3LDK a few blocks from where we had been living.

Two months after we moved in..... my husband was notified of his transfer. Sigh....

kuri & ping said...

l., will you move back there after the transfer is finished or is it a permanent transfer?

L. said...

We will move back in about 4 years -- it`s open-ended, but that`s the average overseas posting now. We rented our place to some Shinsei banker. I am hoping he has wild parties and trashes it, so that we can keep his security deposit and put in new floors.

kuri & ping said...

Four years is a long time but I hope that they go quickly for you. LOL about the shinsei banker. :) I hope for your sake that he is a major partier. :)

 

International Marriage?!? Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review