Saturday, January 7, 2006

Will you be my friend?

Posted by kuri, ping, the pinglet, & mini-ping on 1/07/2006
Discussion yesterday at DoCoMo, where E7 was getting a new cell phone:

Salesperson: Would you like to sign up for a plan where the five numbers you call most often are discounted?

E7, always on the lookout for a discount or bargain, writes down our home phone number and my cell number.

Me: Um, those are the only numbers you call? What about work?

E7 (thinking hard, with a frown of concentration): No, those are the only numbers I call. (To the salesperson): Actually, no one calls me and I don't call anyone.

Salesperson (trying to cover up the look of shock on her face): Um, the two numbers you put down? Your home number and your wife's cell number? Those are already included in your family plan.

E7: Well, I guess I don't need the other discount plan then.

Me (in English to E7 so the salesperson doesn't understand): You just confessed to DoCoMo that you are going to make them no money because "no one calls you and you don't call anyone." That sounded so sad. Well, I'll call you. Oh, but I'm already on the family discount plan so I guess it doesn't count. You know, I bet she's wondering why you're even getting a cell phone.

3 of you feeling verklempt. Tawlk amongst yourselves:

Anonymous said...

I'm with AU and the only person that phones me is my husband! I don't give out my cell phone number to anyone. I DON'T want to be reached. In fact, now that I've stopped working I'm even thinking about giving up my phone. I probably won't because I like the camera function.

They wouldn't put us on the "family" plan because we didn't have any "married people ID" with us when we got the phones. (I kept trying to say "My gaijin card says we're married", but no one listened to me.)

I hate cell phones!

Helen

Belinda said...

LOL Chris!!

I don't call a lot of ppl either, really. The same old numbers appear on my mobile bills - Steven's mobile, my best friend Lena (a LOT! lol!) and Steven's Mum either at home or mobile. With the occasional one to my Mum. That's basically it!

The stories I hear of E7 totally crack me up, btw. I can so picture his face saying these things that you recount! Hee! :)

kuri & ping said...

Actually Helen, they almost didn't put me on the family plan either because we don't have the same last name. But eventually, after checking my gaijin card and his license, plus the fact that his name is written on my card as my husband, they ended up giving us the family plan.

Belinda, E7 is exactly like what I post. :)

 

International Marriage?!? Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review