Monday, January 23, 2006

"No one is here to take your call right now..."

Posted by kuri, ping, the pinglet, & mini-ping on 1/23/2006
Here I am at work--with my NEW CELL PHONE--waiting to see if I am eligible for refureshu kyuuka, which is additional vacation time afforded to long-term employees who for love of God or money, can't find another job have been loyally serving their companies for many years...That poor sucker would be me.

*ahem* Did I mention that I have a NEW CELL PHONE? This is it! Isn't it too cute for words? I am not sure why, but for some reason, I've been obsessing about pink recently. Me, who can normally be found in earth tones, is now looking at pastels. I am not sure what is happening here but it frightens me. I guess I should be grateful that I didn't buy a Hello Kitty cell phone, which would have been very scary.

So now, E7 and I have the same phone (well, his is not in pink, bien sur!) and we can now send email to each other for free.

He will probably never send me any mail but I've been sending him a message a day since I got this phone...including last night, as he was sitting next to me in the living room. It went something like this:


Dear Ping, I love you! Love you, love you, love you! Mwah, mwah, mwah! Love, Kuri

I hope he doesn't read it in front of anyone. *snicker*

Want to wager on what response he'll give? It will be either of the following:


  • "What do you want to have for dinner tonight?"
  • "Can you pick up cleaner for the bathroom?"
  • Silence

UPDATE!: This message was waiting for me last night:

"Ei-chan mo Kuupsan-san wo aishichoru yo!" Translation: Ei-chan loves Kuupan too! (Kuupan is my nickname)

7 of you feeling verklempt. Tawlk amongst yourselves:

CaliGirl said...

cute phone. i bet its the dinner thing. guys just dont get it do they...lol you are too cute playing games with him that way...something i would do if my hubby had a phone.

hugs

Ed said...

Hey Chrissy - nice phone. I have to tell you .... I just went back and read about 10 of your previous posts and all of the comments and I see your blog has turned into a "girls only" or at least "girls mostly" blog, so you'll have to forgive me if I don't comment on you and Eishichi in the shower. Whoa! The most I would be able to offer would be "congratulations Eishichi!"

kuri & ping said...

Hey Ed! I finally went back to your blog (I have to check it out from home because of the _)...Isn't it great that Meg has a blog???

Megs said...

That phone looks pretty good. Better then the phones David and I have that have bite marks and broken from throwing across the room. Whoever said we needed anger management....I am awful at this blog stuff I cannot figure anything out! Love you

Ed said...

Wow - you mention her name.......... and she appears!

Cari said...

Awww love your phone and the message is too cute--so men *are* trainable? ;)

kuri & ping said...

Cari: yes men *are* trainable. :) You just gotta know how to do it. LOL

Ed: I have psychic powers, didn't you know that???

 

International Marriage?!? Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review