Thursday, January 19, 2006

Is it the next Pavarroti?

Posted by kuri, ping, the pinglet, & mini-ping on 1/19/2006

E7 loves to seranade me in the evenings. Sometimes it's a solo, sometimes he wishes to do a duet. It doesn't matter if I am:

  1. On the phone and have to break into song in the middle of my conversations
  2. Watching a TV show or movie that I've waited to see and have to pretend to sing along while I'm trying to figure out the plot
  3. Trying not to cut my fingers off when I attempt to make "dinner" and have to brandish the knife during the creshendos

He has a few "songs" (I use that term loosely) in his repetoire, but most of them have no words.

"Ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba, ba ba ba ba ba ba, ba ba ba ba ba ba, ba ba ba, BADADADADADADDADADADADAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"

You get the picture.

The other night, we were in the bath and he actually started singing a song that had lyrics ("For the Longest Time" by Billy Joel...come on, sing along! You know you want to.)

So here we are, him crooning away, me using the showerhead as a microphone. It was not a pretty picture, let me tell you.

I think the neighbors heard us...whoops! Come to think of it, every time I meet the woman from upstairs, she apologizes for her kids being too noisy. Is she trying to tell me something?

7 of you feeling verklempt. Tawlk amongst yourselves:

Just Greg said...

hello from los angeles! Just blog-hopping, and I wanted to say you seem like a heckuva funny lady -- very entertaining writing style.

I once visited a friend in the JET program -- he was in Shikoku, Ewajime prefecture, I believe.

Anyway, wish you luck and love in life, but I think you pretty much got it figured out. ;0

Belinda said...

omg cracking up here Chris!

we sing and stuff too. Actually,I can sing so I guess that is not funny. Steven can sing in this really deep, put on voice that kinda sounds sexy (lol) but it makes me laugh. And he does kooky dances, so Ic an kinda relate.

our dogs know the word 'dance' and they getu p and have a go too LOL!

had to giggle at the neighbours -t he joys of apaartment living, huh? lol

Narelle said...

LOL ahhh Chris that is hysterical !!!!

I can just see the neighbours trying to explain to their kids what the noise is downstairs !!!!

NB

Andrea said...

ran into my downstairs neighbour for the first time in a few weeks, she didnt say anything and didnt try to run my kid through with a bike spoke so I guess I am not as bad as I think,
that or she was seriously biting her tounge.

Good post crazy girl

CaliGirl said...

you guys are too cute...and im sure you wouldnt have him any other way. btw...you shower together? omg...im ashamed of you young lady....lol nah...those are the best moments sometimes...i love having my hubby wash my hair in the shower....its so sexy.

hugs girlie

Anonymous said...

Hello.
I am a japanese and a big fun of yours in kobe.
Due to my english sill,sometimes it takes long time to read your blog.
But I like reading your blogs everydays.
I think you have a so lovely personality.

kuri & ping said...

just greg: thanks for visiting! Hope to see you around sometime again.

belinda: I can't wait until we get a house...that won't happen for a few more years, though. Oh well. I guess E7 will just have to put up with the neighbors thinking we're nutcases. :)

narelle: don't you have trouble in your apartment building as well? :)

andrea: oh yes. I totally understand about the upstairs/downstairs neighbors. My upstairs neighbor has 3 kids who are constantly, constantly running. It doesn't really bother E7 and I (we both come from large families thus the tolerance for noise), but she is ALWAYS apologizing when I see her in the morning..."Good morning, sumimasen about the kids, etc." I bet she kicks herself whenever she sees me come out of my apartment! :)

caligirl: glad you posted again! Yes, E7 and I do take a bath together. Actually, we probably shouldn't because the bathtub itself is just big enough for one person, but we squash in there together. LOL

anonymous: post your name next time so I can say hi! :)

 

International Marriage?!? Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review