Thursday, January 5, 2006

Congratulations to me...I belong to Haplogroup V!

Posted by kuri, ping, the pinglet, & mini-ping on 1/05/2006

Isn't that cute...a little rhyme! Got my DNA results from the Genographic Project the other day.

While I could barely make head or tails of the results posted on the National Geographic site, I did gather that my ancient ancestors may have followed this path out of Africa:

Africa => Eurasia => Europe/Near East => Middle East => Northwest Europe

With the DNA analysis, the researchers at the Genographic Project saw similar patterns in my genes as those of indigenious people from Ethopia, Kenya, Turkey, Jordan, Israel, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Russia, Norway, Denmark, and Finland. And that is where my deepest ancestry lies.

There are still a LOT of things that the study doesn't understand and some of it is conjecture, but still...it's pretty cool.

0 of you feeling verklempt. Tawlk amongst yourselves:

 

International Marriage?!? Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review