Monday, December 5, 2005

That sweet sound

Posted by kuri, ping, the pinglet, & mini-ping on 12/05/2005
Today I took great pleasure in saying "no".

I don't get to say that very much at my job, but I spent this morning repeating that two-lettered word. And let me tell you...it felt good.

No, I can't get that document for you.

No, I didn't contact that person because it's your project and has nothing to do with me.

No, I can't come running to a meeting that has nothing to do with me.

*smile*

3 of you feeling verklempt. Tawlk amongst yourselves:

Narelle said...

Good on you Chris!!!!

Perhaps you can teach me how to say it now :)

NB

medea said...

Me too! I'd like some lessons!

Lately, I am getting good at delegating to part-timers. That's a skill I'm glad I developed.

kuri & ping said...

No problem! medea, great job on figuring out how to delegate. That is definitely a skill that few people develop!

 

International Marriage?!? Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review