Wednesday, December 7, 2005

Taps

Posted by kuri, ping, the pinglet, & mini-ping on 12/07/2005
Yesterday E7 and I had a funeral for his tee-shirt.

On Monday, I noticed that he had put on this shirt with so many holes in it, it looked like it had been attacked by moths. No really. I wanted to take a picture of it because no one would believe me unless they could see it with their own eyes, but unfortunately, my camera (which dates back to the days when digital cameras first came out...2 pixels!) is on its last legs.

Holes all around the neckline and under his arms (I wanted to say "pits" because that's what my sister and I still call armpits). The fabric worn so thin that it was see-through.

All in all, not a pretty picture.

So last night--making sure that I was watching--he stood over the garbage can and ceremoniously dropped the offending shirt in. We both stood there with tears in our eyes--he with tears of sadness that I won't allow him to wear anything that is older than our relationship (currently at 10 years) and me, with tears of laughter looking at the expression on his face.

Hmm....now I have to go raid his closet to see what other gems he has hidden away. I could have sworn I saw a sweatshirt from his high school days a few days ago...

3 of you feeling verklempt. Tawlk amongst yourselves:

Narelle said...

This made me laugh !!! There are still some clothes that I want to hang onto after many many kg's of weight loss plus many years. I can fully understand !!

NB

Winnie said...

Raid with caution:)

Belinda said...

OMG how funny!

I actually am meticulous about having regular cleanouts, so you'd never find anything like that in my wardrobe!

Steven, on the other hand, woudl not have totally holy clothes, but there would be some old daggy stuff that MUST go! I've been bugging him about that for ages actually - I should do something about that this weekend ;) thanks for the reminder *hee!*

 

International Marriage?!? Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review