Monday, December 19, 2005

Tadaima!

Posted by kuri, ping, the pinglet, & mini-ping on 12/19/2005
*achoo!* *sniffle* *snort*

Ahh, yess, hey ebbryone. Yeb, I am back with a stubby, runny nobe and red eyes. *sigh*
That's what comes from going from a place where it is snowing to a place where the sun shines all year round (and it's 35 degrees)...I was going to keep up the stuffy nose commentary but it's too annoying so I'll just go back to pretending that I can speak with a normal voice.

So! I am back from a weeklong sojourn in Thailand. Although I was bemoaning the fact that I had to go, I really do enjoy it. Workwise, everything went VERY smoothly...too smoothly, in fact, and the UN and everyone involved was very pleased with the entire program. Cool.

Got to do a bit of shopping as well. It's too bad that I had finished my Christmas shopping already because I ended up spending too much on myself. I picked up a pair of shoes, a bag (I certainly don't need any more of those!), some books and a luggage strap (that one was for E7). He is impossible to buy for. The luggage strap had a combination lock on it so I knew that he would like it...my security-minded baby.

I was kept hostage the entire weekend by E7 who refused to let me go out of the house because I was sick. All I did the entire weekend--between sneezing and coughing--was tell him that I wasn't sick.

Well, I hate to admit it but I do feel better today and will probably be in great health for our trip to New York this week. We (or I) have lots to do before we go, including seeing Sayuri tonight, getting my hair treated, final shopping, packing and getting ourselves to Fukuoka on Wednesday night.

Now, hopefully my niece and nephew won't be stricken down with colds and get me sick all over again.

*sniffle*

4 of you feeling verklempt. Tawlk amongst yourselves:

Helen said...

Welcome back! I've missed reading your post.

Sorry that you're sick, but it sounds like you're on the mend. Get well soon.

Cari said...

OOh, would love to hear how Sayuri is. I've been debating seeing it.

Feel better and have a 'safety' trip home if we don't catch up before then--wave to good old Rockland for me ;)

Narelle said...

Don't you hate those colds that come somewhere near anything important. I always get one near a massive social event and it makes it hard to decide whether I will go or not. Hope you feel bettter soon Chris!!!!

NB

kuri & ping said...

Thanks for your get-well wishes! I always get sick whenever I am going somewhere...sometimes it's a cold, sometimes it's my wisdom tooth. It seems like it is murphy's law or something.

Sayuri was GREAT!!! I totally recommend seeing it. Such beautiful colors and the kimono??? GORGEOUS!

 

International Marriage?!? Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review