Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Looking for my head

Posted by kuri, ping, the pinglet, & mini-ping on 12/21/2005
Everyone always says that the holidays are B!U!S!Y!

I wanted to use this past weekend to finish up my preparations to go away but because of my cold, E7 held me hostage in the house. He wouldn't let me go outside or get up from the couch. Nice in theory (I mean, who doesn't want someone waiting on them hand-and-foot?) but I was stir-crazy by the time Monday rolled around. I was even happy to get back to my office, which, if you know anything about my job, obviously means I've lost it.

OK, so even though I was annoyed that I couldn't do anything this weekend, I have to hand it to E7...I am in pretty good shape to go to NY. Only the remenents of a cough, but I can so totally deal with that. Hopefully the people on the flight won't think I've contracted SARS or the bird-flu (BTW, SARS is so passe, now that bird flu is going around).

So due to my involuntary confinement this weekend, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday have seen me busy, busy, busy! But not always with things that I didn't want to do. I mean, I have my priorities straight!

I saw Sayuri (Memoirs of a Geisha) on Monday night--which was FANTASTIC!--after a hectic day of playing catch up at work since I was in Thailand last week, got my hair treated and caught up on some sleep in the hairdresser's chair on Tuesday night...that after a day of trying to get quotes and purchase tickets for a meeting in Osaka in January, caught up with preparations on a convention I'm organizing here in June, wrote out a report for a journal (deadline on Jan 1 but I won't be here!)...Nengajyo (New Year cards) are done and it only took me 2 1/2 hours to finish (I totally hate writing kanji by hand) and packing is on the agenda for this evening before I go to Fukuoka for the night.

Work is insane...Must. Clean. Up. From. Study. Tour. To. Thailand. I've procrastinated about this because my notes and papers are a total mess and it's going to take me hours to sort through them, when I should be doing more important things...like writing in my blog. God, don't these people have their priorities straight?

Oh, and now I have to buy a bag to go home with since mine broke in Bangkok. This was my bag that has traveled with me to many an exotic place, with its' wheels taped with duct tape and completely falling apart. It was hard to say goodbye to my good friend, but it was time, since Bangkok totally ripped the sh*t out of it. Where the hell am I going to find a bag on my way home from work today? Repeat soothing mantra: Must. Not. Panic. Must. Not. Panic...OK, I'm fine now.

Now I just have to make sure that I pack my running shoes to deal with the transport strike in NYC. Nothing like getting a little exercise over the holidays to counter holiday eating!

1 of you feeling verklempt. Tawlk amongst yourselves:

medea said...

I hear you about the end of the year being busy. I couldn't even go food shopping this week because the latest grocery store closes at 11pm, which is before I finished work. Can't wait until the New Year's holiday. Have a safe trip home.

 

International Marriage?!? Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review