Sunday, November 27, 2005

"Watashi kara meri kurisumasu, anata kara meri kurisumasu..."

Posted by kuri, ping, the pinglet, & mini-ping on 11/27/2005
Those are the words to "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" in Japanese. (Loose translation: "Merry Christmas from me and a Merry Christmas from you.") Bet you didn't know that there even was a Japanese version of Santa Claus is Coming to Town. Yup.

E7 and I spent Sunday evening putting up our tree. I love doing this with him because he likes to put every.single.ornament. on the tree, even though--as you can see--the tree isn't that big.

We buy a different ornament every year. This year, I had purchased a glassblown angel, but shattered it when I was taking it out of the bag. This goes along with my tradition of breaking at least one ornament every year. "But it's tradition!" you'll hear me say.

Right. So I have to go get another ornament later today to put up on the tree.


This is a closeup of E7 and I--can you guess which is which?--and a beautiful throw that my sister's family gave us.

Since we spend our holidays in New York, we only have a few weeks to enjoy the holiday atmosphere in the apartment. That's why our Christmas decorations go up in November!

I love that we are getting into the holiday spirit...we spent most of the evening looking at the tree with the Christmas lights flickering around us.

And then E7 spent the rest of the time watching the Japanese volleyball team get beat by the Italians.

Merry Christmas!

1 of you feeling verklempt. Tawlk amongst yourselves:

Narelle said...

Love the tree !!! I am actually going to put one up this year. Normally I go away so don't bother however want to get into the spirit this year. Will just have to go and get one now :)

 

International Marriage?!? Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review