Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Ramblings

Posted by kuri, ping, the pinglet, & mini-ping on 11/16/2005
I took the day off yesterday as a replacement holiday for working on Saturday. I didn't really work since I was flying back to Japan from Korea, but I did have to drive with the president of my institute to the airport in the morning so I guess that could count as work.

I went to see Elizabethtown, which I hadn't heard about before. God, Orlando Bloom is a hottie. I went by myself, which I find I enjoy much more now that I'm older. I remember when my mom used to go to the movies by herself (to escape from us wild children, I'm sure), my sister and I would feel so bad...because whenever we saw someone at the movies on their own, we thought that they were lonely or had no family or friends. But I do enjoy it now, especially since a lot of the movies I want to see are not movies that E7 is interested in.

Today on the way to work, a woman sat next to me with perfume that was making me choke. She smelled like she had taken a bath in it...and I saw everyone looking at me. I know that they thought I was the reason that the entire car stunk.

One thing I noticed this morning is that every single person...and I mean every.single.person...in my car were women. Isn't that strange? I wonder where they were all going.

One last thing...last night I realized something that E7 does that I love. Whenever we are walking, he always positions himself between me and the road. I told him that I loved when he did that but he said he didn't know what I was talking about...he doesn't even realize that he does it.

It makes me feel protected, which considering that I have about 2 zillion pounds on him, is quite a feat in itself.

3 of you feeling verklempt. Tawlk amongst yourselves:

Anonymous said...

I had really wanted to see Elizabethtown last weekend too as I like Orlando too, and I enjoy Cameron Crowe's movies (Say Anything is awesome), but the times were all wrong. Maybe this weekend.

I just wanted to say how much I appreciate your comments on my blog. It's so nice to see that someone is reading it!

Thanks....Helen

Narelle said...

I love going to the movies by myself - to me it is the ultimate spoil yourself time. Just to sit back, with no interruptions, with a diet coke and some popcorn - ahhhh I can't wait for holidays to come and I can do this again !!!!

kuri & ping said...

Me too! I love going to the movies by myself. I don't have to worry about if the person I am with is enjoying the movie...if I don't like it, I can just leave! :)

 

International Marriage?!? Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review