Monday, November 21, 2005

I don't remember feeling this tired before

Posted by kuri, ping, the pinglet, & mini-ping on 11/21/2005
Well, here I am, nursing pulled muscles in my legs and a stiff lower back. But this is not from exercising...it's from Thanksgiving. I'm not exactly sure why I feel like I've run the marathon, except that I do. Was I lifting heavy things? Not that I remember. I tend to leave those things to E7. Am I getting old?

I tend to start cooking and cleaning the day before. Since my apartment is only really cleaned once a year, it is a major undertaking. I find that unless I set out things the night before, I forget to make them. This is our lovely kitchen the night before...and yes, this is clean. :)

E7 and I ended up getting up too late on Sunday and most of the food wasn't ready for our guests. We had herb butter chicken (since we couldn't order a turkey), stuffing, sweet potato pie (which is a big hit in Japan), gravy, cornbread, salad, chocolate cream pie, apple pie, cookies, and coffee and tea. I cooked the 4 pound turkey for 2 1/2 hours. Can you imagine how dry it was?

I found a recipe in Oprah magazine for a wonderful drink that I decided to make at the last minute. It was funny, because we have no champagne or wine glasses in our apartment, except for those that we got from when we were engaged. As far as I know, we hadn't used any of them before Sunday.

It was really good! It was sparking wine, cranberry juice and a little sugar, with a strawberry for garnish. OK, so it wasn't really supposed to be like that...it was supposed to be champagne, cranberry juice, sugar, vodka, lime juice, rasberries and mint, but you know, I unfortunately don't have the selection here in KQ that I would have in New York. It was really good though!

It was a fun day with lots of little kids running around. It's funny how the party dynamics have changed from the first year we held the party!

But I still can't for the life of me figure out why I pulled muscles in my legs though. I guess it will be one of life's mysteries.

4 of you feeling verklempt. Tawlk amongst yourselves:

Anonymous said...

You are such a charming person,aren't you? ;)

koji: a big fan of yours in kobe..

Belinda said...

Chris, that menu sounds unreal! Although I did wonder why you had Thanksgiving last weekend. It's normally the last Thurs is Nov right? Just wondered why you got in a week or so early :)

Sorry about the pulled muscle! It is weird how sometimes you cannot work out how/what you pulled, no matter how hard you try!

kuri & ping said...

Thanks for your comments!

I never know when Thanksgiving is...I thought it was the third Thursday in November? Anyway, I just schedule it when I have a free Sunday. :)

Ed said...

Hey Chriss - been away for a while but am finally getting back on track. Loved the photos and t'giving tales.

 

International Marriage?!? Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review