Tuesday, November 1, 2005

I am a psychic medium

Posted by kuri, ping, the pinglet, & mini-ping on 11/01/2005
Do your husbands/boyfriends/significant others use the the time when you are on the phone to start chatting to you? E7 does this all the time, which leaves me with no choice but to include him in the conversation...kind of a conference call.

Unfortunately, the conversation happening in my one ear through the receiver and the other conversation flowing into my other ear from E7 sitting on the floor are usually different, which makes it difficult to carry on conversation.

(Talking to Karen on the phone on a Tuesday during the week):

Me: What are you doing today?

Ka: Going to the bank, meeting with clients...

E7: Chrissy, I love you!

Me: Love you too sweetie. No not you Ka, I'm talking to E7.

Ka: What is he doing?

Me: Laying on the floor, reading the newspaper.

Ka: Do you want to talk to Heather? (Calling) Heather!

Me: Hey babydoll! How are you?

H: Good...(followed by incomprehensible discussion about something on TV or about Rosie)

Me: OK, want to put your Mommy back on?

E7: Where do you want to go traveling this month? There is a special for Hokkaido.

Me: (Looking at the newspaper) Ooooh, looks great! Let's go there?

Ka: Where are you going?

...and so on. Can you see the seemless flow of conversation? It would be easier on speakerphone but unfortunately, I seem to be the medium through which everyone talks.

But considering that I am information central, I guess it is only right that I know and coordinate all the discussions happening on two different sides of the world. I mean, how many times in your life can someone living in the Pacific tell you about what your daughter is doing, when she lives in your own house? That takes talent. :)

0 of you feeling verklempt. Tawlk amongst yourselves:

 

International Marriage?!? Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review