Thursday, November 17, 2005

E7 Van Halen

Posted by kuri, ping, the pinglet, & mini-ping on 11/17/2005
Last night, E7 treated me to an air guitar concert. What is it with men and air guitars? I would have thought he was just pretending to put on a show for me, but he was really "playing".

I remember when I was in junior high, all the guys in my class would do the air guitar thing. Is this because they all secretly want(ed) to be rock stars? Remember those dances in the 80s? Strobe lights, flourescent pink and green outfits, Journey on the speakers...kind of like a nightmare in neon lights.

I had a very awkward adolescence. I had short hair, glasses, braces, and zits. At least I was thin. And of course my mom always said that I looked nice, even when my hair made me look like a boy. (Thanks Mom!)

Anyway, because of my model-type looks, I didn't really look forward to going the dances. The one thing that saved me was the fact that I went to a very small Catholic school where everyone knew everyone so no one was too nervous about dancing with each other. (Hey, remember how we used to slow dance? Stiff-armed, moving sideways from foot to foot...kind of like Frankenstein and his bride.)

What a trip down memory lane.

0 of you feeling verklempt. Tawlk amongst yourselves:

 

International Marriage?!? Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review