Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Good lighting is everything

Posted by kuri, ping, the pinglet, & mini-ping on 10/19/2005
The other night, E7 and I went to the local "Hokka-hokka Bento" place to pick up dinner (Me: Rice with fish fillet, green veggies and soup; E7: disgusting fish with rice).

E7, aka Mr. Tact, was staring at my hair and did a double take.

E7: Wow...your hair has gone really white. When are you going to the salon to get it colored?

C: It's blond highlights, not grey hair and you should be more understanding of how my office has aged me (actually it is white hair but he doesn't need to know that).

Do you know why he saw my "highlights"? Because all over Japan, they use flourescent lighting, which as you all know, is THE most unflattering lighting in the entire history of mankind. They even have flourescent lighting in homes, which I quickly put a stop to. Now we have "soft" lights and E7 complains that he can't see or find anything in the house.

But at least he can't notice my signs of aging, which as you all will agree, is more important than trying to locate the remote control.

1 of you feeling verklempt. Tawlk amongst yourselves:

Winnie said...

I sympathize greatly with the flourescent light issue.

 

International Marriage?!? Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review