Thursday, September 8, 2005

Thoughts for the day

Posted by kuri, ping, the pinglet, & mini-ping on 9/08/2005
OK, to get off the topic of Hurricane Katrina--at least for today--send me your answers to the following! Feel free to post in the comments section.

If you could invite five people to dinner from history, living or dead, who would they be and why did you choose them?

1. Mozart: He is definitely someone I would want to meet. I remember hearing a story about how he never erased or scratched out even one note on his music sheets because...it was perfect the first time around. I just find that fascinating.

2. Einstein: Can you imagine what it must be like to be inside his head? I wonder if he was able to have regular conversations with people or if his thinking process was so fast that he wasn't able to concentrate on what was being said.

3. Galileo: In a time when there were so few people who looked to the sky to figure out the actual workings of the universe, I would want to ask him what and how he came up with his theories and how he perservered against people who didn't believe him.

4. Michelangelo: My ab-so-lu-te favorite painter and sculptor. When I went to Italy, I was floored seeing his art in everyday life.

5. The founders of Médecins Sans Frontières: One of the most altruistic NGOs I know...

2 of you feeling verklempt. Tawlk amongst yourselves:

Ross said...

Hey how's Japan this time of year?

kuri & ping said...

Still very hot! It's about 90 degrees today and I so can't wait until October when it gets cooler.

 

International Marriage?!? Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review