Friday, August 12, 2005

A few thoughts on our anniversary

Posted by kuri, ping, the pinglet, & mini-ping on 8/12/2005
This morning, as I was still drooling into my pillow, E7 had gotten up before me and was trying to have a chat. When will he learn never to ask me to do something or remind me of something important before I have had a cup of coffee?

Well, it seemed he had found the card that I had gotten for him for our anniversary today (5 years, woo-hoo!). I had picked up a "Hello Kitty" card that was in the shape of a fan because:

(1) He knows how much I "adore" Hello Kitty (not) and
(2) There are no anniversary cards in Japan (I have only found ones for getting married, having a baby and birthdays).

I left it in his briefcase but didn't want to hide it too well because he might not have found it. The downside of this was that he found it before he went to work and started fanning my face while I was sleeping and saying something...which I can't remember.

Anyway, it's been a wonderful 5 years being married to him and a wonderful 10 years knowing him. Little did I know that 10 years ago when I was forced by friends to go to a party (where we met), that I would have the great life that I do with him.

He is my best friend and lover, my keeper of secrets, my soulmate.

And I can't wait to see what the future holds for us.

2 of you feeling verklempt. Tawlk amongst yourselves:

Karen said...

Chrissy -- Heather loves Hello Kitty. Keep that card under safe watch E7. Happy Anniversary. Have a wonderful weekend.

Mom said...

What lovely thoughts.

 

International Marriage?!? Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review