Thursday, August 4, 2005

Converting...

Posted by kuri, ping, the pinglet, & mini-ping on 8/04/2005
...not religion silly! No, this is about converting from the English system to the metric system. The U.S. uses the old English system (miles, pounds, etc.). Japan uses the metric system, like the rest of the world.

When I first came to Japan, I had to get used to measuring distances in kilometers, weight in kilograms, and temperature in Celsius.

A friend of mine asked me today if I had a problem converting Farhenheit to Celsius when I first came to Japan. Thinking back, I realized that I have used the following formula to "convert" temperatures:

WEATHER
Above 26 degrees C = Hot
Above 30 degrees C = Very hot
Above 32 degrees C = Don't go outside and try not to breathe as much as possible

BODY TEMP
Above 37 degrees C = A little sick (mental health day off from work)
Above 39 degrees C = Maybe think of going to the doctor
Above 40 degrees C = Better go now

Seems to work for me!

0 of you feeling verklempt. Tawlk amongst yourselves:

 

International Marriage?!? Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review