Friday, August 5, 2005

Bits and pieces

Posted by kuri, ping, the pinglet, & mini-ping on 8/05/2005
A sample conversation at my office for your entertainment (all names and places have been kept anonymous to protect the innocent...if there are any). Can you guess who I am? I am very cleverly disguised.

Boss: OK, so you can go to the Philippines to check out the wastewater treatment plant.
C: But I'm not a wastewater treatment expert...you are.
Boss: But you should go.
C: But, no, you should go.
Boss: OK, so I'll tell the boss that you'll be going.
C: Not if I get through to him first. I'll tell him that you'll be going.
Boss: OK, so it's decided that you'll go.
C: OK, so it's decided that you'll go instead of me.
Boss: Right, well it's the end of the workday. I'll see you tomorrow.
C: A**hole.

And on and on...this kind of "conversation" (if you can call it that) happens all the time. Is there a comprehension problem here? Do the words: "don't", "won't", "no", "jerk", not register???

Ayayay...this is why my resume is up on my computer right now. *giggle*

Update: I have successfully resisted efforts to forceably put me on the plane with a destination in the Philippines (where, by the way, it is about 100 degrees+) and will instead be on a plane destined for my fav city in the world! New York!!!

0 of you feeling verklempt. Tawlk amongst yourselves:

 

International Marriage?!? Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review