Friday, July 1, 2005

Online shopping...aka "I can't find anything that fits me in Japan"

Posted by kuri, ping, the pinglet, & mini-ping on 7/01/2005
The other night, I had a small fit while I was trying to check out a few websites of stores that I frequent in NY...usually in December. Most of my clothes are winter clothes and because I have "issues" with the heat of summertime, the fact that I have NO summer clothes makes it difficult for me to be, how can I put it--pleasant between June and September. The cloying, humid weather doesn't make this any easier.

So, E7 was the focus of my irritation the other night when I was trying to do some online shopping. I've been in Japan for over 10 years, but this was my first foray into the world of shopping over the Internet. I know, weird.

Well, a store that I really like (Ann Taylor Loft) and another store, after I had finished my shopping (over the course of about 1 hour or so), informed me that they "don't send packages outside of the U.S. and/or U.S. territories." What happend to globalization and taking over the world??? I was so pissed (plus I was hot, which didn't make anything any better!) and started being snippy to E7, saying that he better get some money saved so I could have plastic surgery in order to fit into the clothes in Japan, which in my opinion, are made for stick people (at least in Kyushu they are).

E7 tried to come up with reasons why the stores wouldn't send things overseas and said that they probably have branches in Japan...which, of course, defeats the purpose since they would carry sizes that are not normally seen in reality (-2, -5...). The poor man...he stopped talking after that and just let me rant on, with this look of "poor you" on his face. It was probably actually like "poor me" for having to listen to this raving lunatic! LOL

But I did talk to my brother yesterday and he told me that if I needed anything, he would go shopping for me and send it to Japan. How cool is that??? This is from the brother who was forced to go shopping with me one year and was then corraled into waiting in the women's lingerie section of a department store with my bags...while I tried to buy bras to last me for the year.

Ah, the men in my life...what would I do without them?

1 of you feeling verklempt. Tawlk amongst yourselves:

Mom said...

Chrissy, I can just hear you actually saying everything you wrote about shopping in Japan, the internet, stick people, ranting to E7........LOL
By the way, if you want to shop online & have them send it here, I can always mail it over to you, or you can bring it back with you when you come in Aug. Love ya

 

International Marriage?!? Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review