Friday, May 13, 2005

Posted by kuri, ping, the pinglet, & mini-ping on 5/13/2005
REMEMBER JASON????

It's Friday the 13th. Although intellectually, I know that there is nothing wrong with this day, it did give me pause. Actually, when we were in Cesky Krumlov, there was a ladder that E7 and I ended up walking under accidentally. I did hesitate before going under it and when E7 asked me what was wrong, I explained about the superstition of walking under ladders.

He looked at me like I had lost my mind.

Well, in Japan, they have superstitions about numbers (the number 4 has the same pronounciation as the word for "death" and the number 9 has the same pronounciation as the word for "pain"), so I don't know why that particular superstition surprised him so much. :)

Speaking of supersitions, I have been reading my horoscope over the past couple of months. It's quite interesting how they are worded so that they could be applicable to anyone...but sometimes they are so on that it's scary! :)

For your reading pleasure: OldSuperstitions.com

0 of you feeling verklempt. Tawlk amongst yourselves:

 

International Marriage?!? Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review